Zachary P. Beatty
Zachary P. Beatty is an associate in the Firm’s Haverford office. He focuses his practice on complex litigation including securities fraud, shareholder derivative suits, and consumer protection class actions.
Zachary received his law degree from Michigan State University College of Law in 2017. While in law school, Zachary served as a managing editor for the Michigan State Law Review. His law school career was marked by several academic honors including earning Jurisprudence Awards for receiving the highest grades in his Corporate Finance, Business Enterprises, Constitutional Law II, and Advocacy classes. Zachary clerked for a small central Pennsylvania law firm and clerked for the Honorable Carol K. McGinley in the Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas. He also clerked for the Firm’s Haverford office. Zachary graduated from York College of Pennsylvania where he majored in history.
Zach has assisted in prosecuting the following matters, among others:
- Oddo v. Arcoaire Air Conditioning & Heating, No. 8:15-cv-01985-CAS-E (C.D. Cal.) (consumer class action against Carrier Corporation arising out of the sale of air conditioners that contained an unapproved rust inhibitor in the compressor, which causes widespread failures of thermostatic expansion valves. The plaintiffs allege that the unapproved rust inhibitor was present in virtually all Carrier-manufactured air conditioners from December 2013 through August 2014);
- Livingston v. Trane U.S. Inc., No. 2:17-cv-06480-ES-MAH (D.N.J.) (consumer class action against Trane U.S. Inc. arising out of the sale of air conditioners that contained an unapproved rust inhibitor in the compressor, which causes widespread failures of thermostatic expansion valves);
- In re MyFord Touch Consumer Litig., No. C-13-3072 EMC (N.D. Cal.) (consumer class action against Ford alleging flaws, bugs, and failures in certain Ford automobile infotainment systems. CSK&DS is co-lead counsel in this certified class action);
- Weeks v. Google LLC, No. 5:18-cv-00801-NC (N.D. Cal.) (consumer class action against Google relating to Pixel smartphones alleging that Google sold these phones with a known defect);
- In re Nexus 6P Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 5:17-cv-02185-BLF (N.D. Cal.) (class action lawsuit alleging that smartphones manufactured by Google and Huawei contain defects that cause the phones to “bootloop” and experience sudden battery drain; CSK&DS has been appointed interim co-lead class counsel;
- Gordon v. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., No. 1:17-cv-01415- CMA (D. Colo.) (class action relating to a data breach suffered by Chipotle that allegedly exposed consumers’ payment card data to hackers, in which case CSK&DS has been appointed interim co-lead counsel); and
- Chambers v. Whirlpool Corp., No. 11-1773-0FMO (C.D. Cal.) (a national class action involving alleged defects resulting in fires in Whirlpool, Kenmore, and KitchenAid dishwashers. The district court approved a settlement which he negotiated that provides wide-ranging relief to owners of approximately 24 million implicated dishwashers, including a full recovery of out-of-pocket damages for costs to repair or replace dishwashers that suffered Overheating Events).