Scott M. Tucker is a partner in the Firm’s Wilmington office. Mr. Tucker is a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Mismanagement and Shareholder Derivative Action practice areas. Since joining the Firm, Mr. Tucker has participated in the prosecution of many successful actions led by Chimicles & Tikellis, including:
- In re Kinder Morgan, Inc. Shareholders Litigation, Consol. C.A. No. 06-C-801 (Kan.)(action challenging the management led buyout of Kinder Morgan Inc., which settled for $200 million).
- In re J.Crew Group, Inc., Shareholders Litigation. C.A. No. 6043-CS (Del. Ch.) (action that challenged the fairness of a going private acquisition of J.Crew by TPG and members of J.Crew’s management which resulted in a settlement fund of $16 million and structural changes to the go-shop process, including an extension of the go-shop process, elimination of the buyer’s informational and matching rights and requirement that the transaction be approved by a majority of the unaffiliated shareholders).
- In re Genentech, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, C.A. No. 3911-VCS (Del. Ch.) (action challenging the attempt by Genentech’s controlling stockholder to take Genentech private which resulted in a $4 billion increase in the offer).
- City of Roseville Employees’ Retirement System, et al. v. Ellison, et al., C.A. No. 6900-VCP (Del. Ch.) (action challenging the acquisition by Oracle Corporation of Pillar Data Systems, Inc., a company majority-owned and controlled by Larry Ellison, the Chief Executive Officer and controlling shareholder of Oracle, which led to a settlement valued at $440 million, one of the larger derivative settlements in the history of the Court of Chancery.
- In re Sanchez Derivative Litigation, C.A. No. 9132-VCG (Del. Ch.) (action challenging a related party transaction between Sanchez Energy Inc. and Sanchez Resources, LLC a privately held company, which settled for roughly $30 million in cash and assets)
Mr. Tucker is a Member of the Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court. While attending law school, Mr. Tucker was a member of the Securities Arbitration Clinic and received a Corporate Counsel Certificate from the Center for Law and Business Enterprise.