CSK&D Appointed Interim Co-Lead Counsel in Audi Alternator Litigation
On June 9, 2023, CSK&D was appointed as interim co-lead counsel by the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey in a class action lawsuit alleging that certain Audi vehicles were manufactured with defective Belt Starter Generators or “BSGs.”
The BSG is a key component of Audi’s mild-hybrid system. According to the Consolidated Class Action Complaint filed on July 10, 2023, certain Audi vehicles manufactured between 2018-2023 are susceptible to sudden stalling due to the defective BSGs, which may pose a serious safety risk to drivers.
The vehicles included in the alleged Class include the following:
- 2018-2023 Audi A6, A7, A8, and Q7 vehicles;
- 2018 and 2020-2023 Audi S6, S7, S8, and R8 vehicles;
- 2018 and 2021-2023 Audi RS 7 vehicles;
- 2019-2023 Audi Q8 vehicles;
- 2020-2023 Audi A6 allroad, SQ7, SQ8, and RS Q8 vehicles;
- 2020-2021 Audi A8 e quattro vehicles; and
- 2021-2023 Audi A7 e quattro vehicles.
Attorneys for this case:
Timothy N. Mathews
Alex M. Kashurba