CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST HOMEADVISOR, ANGI and IAC
In re HOMEADVISOR, INC. LITIGATION, Case No: 1:16-cv-01849-PAB-KLM (D. Colo.)
Are you a former employee of HomeAdvisor or IAC? Do you have information regarding the lead generation processes and sales practices employed by HomeAdvisor? If so, please read the below.
Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith LLP (CSK&D) is litigating a class action lawsuit on behalf of Home Service Professionals against HomeAdvisor (“HomeAdvisor”) (formerly ServiceMagic), the company that owns HomeAdvisor (IAC/Interactive (“IAC”), a media and Internet conglomerate) and ANGI Homeservices Inc. (among others), for deceptive, coercive and unfair business practices related to HomeAdvisor’s lead generation services and purported benefits of Membership Programs.
The Consolidated Amended Complaint (linked below) alleges on behalf of Plaintiffs and a class of Home Service Professionals that Defendants have adopted fundamentally unfair business practices including, but not limited to, the following:
- maintaining and employing systemically flawed and deficient processes to generate leads;
- concealing and omitting material information about the quality and sourcing of Leads;
- using heavy-handed and coercive means to solicit new Home Service Professionals for Membership Programs;
- concealing and omitting material information about substantial monthly fees for mHelpDesk, a startup, cloud-based field service software;
- blatantly disregarding Home Service Professionals’ lead parameters and budgets;
- distributing leads that are bogus or otherwise defective for the following reasons (among others):
- sending the same lead to more than four Home Service Professionals;
- sending leads for non-responsive and/or fake homeowners; and
- sending leads for homeowners outside of the Home Service Professionals’ designated service areas;
- adopting uniform internal procedures intended to deny and discourage refunds and/or lead credits; and,
- misappropriating HSPs names or likenesses to generate Leads for HomeAdvisor.
We also invite you to view the following documents filed in this litigation:
- Appendix I which contains the first-hand accounts of over 760 Home Service Professionals who have contacted Plaintiffs’ Counsel concerning Defendants’ conduct.
- Appendix II which is a compilation from HomeAdvisor’s current and former employees who have posted on the job site Glassdoor.com.
If you are a former employee of either HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, or IAC, and you have information that could be relevant to this case, please contact Stephanie Saunders at email@example.com or complete the form below.