Alex M. Kashurba is an associate in the Firm’s Haverford office. He focuses his practice on complex litigation including securities, consumer protection, and data privacy class actions.
Alex received his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School. While in law school, he interned for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania as well as the Office of General Counsel for the United States House of Representatives. Prior to joining the Firm, Alex served as a law clerk in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, including for the Honorable Kim R. Gibson and the Honorable Nora Barry Fischer. Alex graduated from The College of William & Mary where he majored in Government.
Alex has assisted in prosecuting the following matters, among others:
- Udeen, et al. v. Subaru of America, Inc., No. 1:18-cv-17334-RBK-JS (D.N.J.) (preliminary approval granted of a settlement valued at $6.25 million in this consumer class action involving defective infotainment systems in certain Subaru automobiles);
- In re: MacBook Keyboard Litig., No: 5:18-cv-02813-EJD (N.D. Cal.) (class action lawsuit alleging that Apple sold 2015 and later MacBook and 2016 and later MacBook Pro laptops with a known defect plaguing the butterfly keyboards, and allowing dust and other debris to disrupt keyboard use; CSK&D is appointed interim co-lead counsel);
- In re Nexus 6P Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 5:17-cv-02185-BLF (N.D. Cal.)(final approval of a $9.75 million settlement granted in this class action lawsuit which alleged that Google smartphones contained a defect that caused “bootlooping” and sudden battery drain; CSK&D served as co-lead class counsel);
- Weeks, et al. v. Google LLC, 5:18-cv-00801-NC (N.D. Cal.) (final approval of a $7.25 million settlement granted in this consumer class action alleging that Google sold first-generation Pixel smartphones with a known microphone defect; CSK&DS was appointed co-lead class counsel);
- Gordon, et al. v. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., No. 1:17-cv-01415-CMA (D. Colo.) (final approval granted in class action relating to a data breach that allegedly exposed consumers’ payment card data to hackers; CSK&D served as co-lead class counsel).