Tiffany J. Cramer
Tiffany J. Cramer is Senior Counsel in the Wilmington office. Her entire practice is devoted to litigation, with an emphasis on corporate mismanagement & derivative stockholder actions and mergers & acquisitions.
Together with the Firm’s Partners, Ms. Cramer has assisted in the prosecution of numerous shareholder and unitholder class and derivative actions arising pursuant to Delaware law, including:
- In re Starz Stockholder Litigation, A. No. 12584-VCG (Del. Ch.) (Co-Lead Counsel in Court of Chancery class action challenging the acquisition of Starz by Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation, which led to a settlement of $92.5 million).
- In re Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold, Inc. Deriv. Litig., A. No. 815-VCN (Del. Ch.) (Co-Lead Counsel in Court of Chancery derivative litigation arising from Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold, Inc.’s acquisition of Plains Exploration Production Co. and McMoran Exploration Production Co, which led to a settlement valued at nearly $154 million, including an unprecedented $147.5 million dividend paid to Freeport’s stockholders).
- City of Roseville Employees’ Retirement System, et al. v. Ellison, et al., C.A. No. 6900-VCP (Del. Ch.) (Co-Lead Counsel in the Court of Chancery derivative action challenging the acquisition by Oracle Corporation of Pillar Data Systems, Inc., a company majority-owned and controlled by Larry Ellison, the Chief Executive Officer and largest shareholder of Oracle, which led to a settlement valued at $440 million, one of the larger derivative settlements in the history of the Court of Chancery).
- In Re Genentech, Inc. Shareholders Litigation, Consol. C.A. No. 3911-VCS (Del. Ch.) (Co-Lead Counsel in the Court of Chancery class action litigation challenging Roche Holding’s buyout of Genentech, Inc., which resulted in a settlement providing for, among other things, an additional $4 billion in consideration paid to the minority shareholders of Genentech, Inc.).
- In re Atlas Energy Resources, LLC Unitholder Litigation, Consol. C.A. No. 4589-VCN (Co-Lead Counsel in the Court of Chancery class action litigation challenging Atlas America, Inc.’s acquisition of Atlas Energy Resources, LLC, which resulted in a settlement providing for an additional $20 million fund for former Atlas Energy Unitholders).
- In re Barnes & Noble Stockholder Derivative Litigation, C.A. No. 4813-CS (Del. Ch.) (Co-Lead Counsel in the Court of Chancery derivative litigation arising from Barnes & Noble, Inc.’s acquisition of Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, Inc., which resulted in a settlement of nearly $30 million).
Ms. Cramer is a Member of the Richard S. Rodney American Inn of Court. While in law school, Ms. Cramer served as law clerk to the Honorable Jane R. Roth of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.