Jessica L. Titler is an associate in the Firm’s Haverford office. She focuses her practice on complex litigation including securities fraud, ERISA, and consumer protection cases. Prior to joining the Firm, Jessica clerked for the Honorable Karen L. Suter in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. Jessica has assisted in prosecuting the following matters, among others:
- High Street Rehab., LLC, et al. v. American Specialty Health Inc., et al., No. 12-7243 (E.D. Pa.) (class action currently being litigated alleging that Cigna and American Specialty Health impose utilization management review requirements on out-of-network chiropractic providers in a deliberate effort to avoid paying benefits in violation of ERISA and the terms of Cigna insurance plans);
- Lietz v. Cigna Corp., No. 2:16-cv-03967-NIQA (E.D. Pa.) (class action currently being litigated alleging that Cigna and American Specialty Health charge an administrative fee on insureds’ in-network chiropractic services in violation of ERISA and the terms of Cigna insurance plans);
- Westmoreland County Employee Retirement Fund v. Inventure Foods Inc., et al., No. CV2016-00271 (Ariz.) (class action currently being litigated alleging the defendants, including the company’s underwriters and certain of its officers, violated the Securities Act of 1933 by issuing a false and misleading Registration Statement and Prospectus in connection with a secondary stock offering);
- In re Nexus 6P Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 5:17-cv-02185-BLF (N.D. Cal.) (class action currently being litigation alleging that Nexus 6P smartphones advertised by Google and manufactured by Huawei contain defects that cause the phones to “bootloop” and experience sudden battery drain; C&T has been appointed interim co-lead class counsel);
- In re LG Refrigerators Consumer Class Action, No 2:17-cv-03664-WJM-MF (D.N.J.) (class action currently being litigated alleging that a defect in certain of LG’s refrigerators caused compressor failure, resulting in complete failure in both the freezer and refrigerator compartments; C&T has been appointed interim co-lead class counsel);
- Gordon, et al. v. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., No. 1:17-cv-01415-CMA (D. Colo.) (class action currently being litigated alleging that security failures by Chipotle caused a data breach that exposed consumers’ payment card data to hackers; C&T has been appointed interim co-lead counsel);
Jessica received her law degree from the Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law in 2015. While in law school, Jessica served as managing editor of the Temple International & Comparative Law Journal and as president of the Business Law Society. She also held positions with the Internal Revenue Service Office of Chief Counsel and Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts, as well as clerked for a small central Pennsylvania law firm. Jessica attended the University of Pittsburgh where she majored in Communications and Writing. In her free time, Jessica enjoys world travel, cooking, and attending Philadelphia Eagles home games.