On July 19, 2016, Chimicles & Tikellis filed a class action lawsuit against Defendants, IAC/Interactive, a media and Internet conglomerate, and its operating business, HomeAdvisor (formerly ServiceMagic), for deceptive, coercive and unfair business practices related to HomeAdvisor’s lead generation services and purported benefits of Membership Programs.
C&T filed an amended complaint on November 14, 2016, alleging on behalf of Plaintiffs and a class of Home Service Professionals that Defendants have adopted fundamentally unfair business practices including, but not limited to, the following:
- maintaining and employing systemically flawed and deficient processes to generate leads;
- using heavy-handed and coercive means to solicit new Home Service Professionals for Membership Programs;
- concealing and omitting material information about substantial monthly fees for mHelpDesk, a startup, cloud-based field service software;
- blatantly disregarding Home Service Professionals’ lead parameters and budgets;
- distributing the same lead to more than four Home Service Professionals; and
- adopting uniform internal procedures intended to deny and discourage refunds and/or lead credits.
If you or someone you know purchased a Home Service Professional Membership Program from HomeAdvisor and have experienced any of the problems described below or in the complaints linked below, please complete the form or contact the attorneys for this case.