Andrew W. Ferich is an associate in the Firm’s Haverford office. Andy focuses his practice on complex litigation, including in the Firm’s consumer protection and whistleblower/qui tam practice groups. Prior to joining the Firm, Andy was an associate at an international litigation firm in Philadelphia where he focused his practice on commercial litigation, financial services litigation, and antitrust matters. Andy possesses major jury trial experience. Andy has assisted in prosecuting the following matters, among others:
- Brickman, et al. v. HomeAway, Inc., et al., No. 1:16-cv-00733-LY (W.D. Tex.) (consumer class action on behalf of owners of rental/vacation properties across the country alleging that owners entered into rental listing subscription agreements with HomeAway and its websites based upon the false and broken promise that renters and travelers would never be assessed a fee at booking);
- DeMarco, et al. v. AvalonBay Communities, Inc., et al., No. 2:15-cv-00628-JLL-JAD (D.N.J.) (settled class action lawsuit on behalf of hundreds of tenants and former tenants of AvalonBay community that was destroyed in a massive fire, in which case C&T has been appointed interim co-lead counsel);
- Don Beadles I/T/F Alva Synagogue Church of God v. Chesapeake Energy Corp, et al. (In re Anadarko Basin Oil and Gas Lease Antitrust Litigation), No. 16-cv-0238-M (W.D. Okla.) (antitrust action under federal antitrust laws brought on behalf of a class of landowners who leased land to defendants for drilling for natural gas and received less in lease bonuses and royalties than they should have due to defendants’ anticompetitive lease bid-rigging scheme);
- In re: Elk Cross Timbers Decking Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, No. 2;15-cv-00018-JLL-JAD (D.N.J.) (litigated this products liability case relating to allegedly defective wood-composite decking to a settlement; C&T was been appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee);
- Grammer, et al. v. Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., et al., No. 8:16-cv-01525-AG-JCG (C.D. Cal.) (prosecuting a class action lawsuit against Toyota on behalf of owners and lessees of Toyota automobiles alleged to contain soy- or other bio-based materials that attract rodents and result in rodent damage; C&T has been appointed interim co-lead counsel);
- Green, et al. v. BMW of North America, LLC, et al, No. 2:16-cv-04800-BRO-SS (C.D. Cal.) (prosecuting a class action lawsuit against BMW on behalf of owners of the BMW i3 REx—a plug-in electric hybrid vehicle with a gas engine known as a Range Extender—wherein Plaintiffs have alleged that a defect in the Range Extender causes class vehicles to abruptly and dangerously decelerate during operation);
- Gordon, et al. v. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., No. 1:17-cv-01415-CMA (D. Colo.) (litigating this class action relating to a data breach suffered by Chipotle that allegedly exposed consumers’ payment card data to hackers, in which case C&T has been appointed interim co-lead counsel);
- In re Nexus 6P Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 5:17-cv-02185-BLF (N.D. Cal.) (class action lawsuit alleging that smartphones manufactured by Google and Huawei contain defects that cause the phones to “bootloop” and experience sudden battery drain; C&T has been appointed interim co-lead class counsel);
- In re LG Refrigerators Consumer Class Action, No 2:17-cv-03664-WJM-MF (D.N.J.) (litigating class action alleging that a defect in certain of defendant’s refrigerators cause compressor failure, resulting in cooling failure in the freezer and refrigerator compartments; C&T has been appointed interim co-lead class counsel);
- Williams v. Butler & Hosch, P.A., No. 0:15-cv-61139-CMA (S.D. Fla.) (obtained class certification in this class action lawsuit on behalf of hundreds of former employees improperly terminated under the WARN Act).
Andy received his law degree from Villanova University School of Law in 2012. While in law school, Andy clerked for a small suburban Philadelphia law firm. Prior to law school, Andy attended Georgetown University and was a member of the baseball team. During his time in college, Andy also worked on Capitol Hill and for a well-known D.C. think tank. Andy is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia.