Andrew W. Ferich is an associate in the Firm’s Haverford office. Andy focuses his practice on complex litigation, including in the Firm’s consumer protection and whistleblower/qui tam practice groups. Prior to joining the Firm, Andy was an associate at a national litigation firm in Philadelphia where he focused his practice on commercial litigation, financial services litigation, and antitrust matters. Andy possesses major jury trial experience. Andy has assisted in prosecuting the following matters, among others:
- Brickman, et al. v. HomeAway, Inc., et al., No. 1:16-cv-00733-LY (W.D. Tex.) (consumer class action on behalf of owners of rental/vacation properties across the country alleging that owners entered into rental listing subscription agreements with HomeAway and its websites based upon the false and broken promise that renters and travelers would never be assessed a fee at booking);
- Clark v. Banner Health, No. 2:16-cv-02696-SRB (D. Az.) (class action lawsuit alleging numerous claims against large Arizona-based health system Banner Health following reports in August 2016 that it suffered a data breach affecting approximately 3.7 million patients, plan members, customers, and health providers);
- DeMarco, et al. v. AvalonBay Communities, Inc., et al., No. 2:15-cv-00628-JLL-JAD (D.N.J.) (class action lawsuit on behalf of hundreds of tenants and former tenants of AvalonBay community that was destroyed in a massive fire, in which case C&T has been appointed interim co-lead counsel);
- Don Beadles I/T/F Alva Synagogue Church of God v. Chesapeake Energy Corp, et al. (In re Anadarko Basin Oil and Gas Lease Antitrust Litigation), No. 16-cv-0238-M (W.D. Okla.) (antitrust action under federal antitrust laws brought on behalf of a class of landowners who leased land to defendants for drilling for natural gas and received less in lease bonuses and royalties than they should have due to defendants’ anticompetitive lease bid-rigging scheme);
- In re: Elk Cross Timbers Decking Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, No. 2;15-cv-00018-JLL-JAD (D.N.J.) (litigating products liability case relating to allegedly defective wood-composite decking in which C&T has been appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee);
- Green, et al. v. BMW of North America, LLC, et al, No. 2:16-cv-04800-BRO-SS (C.D. Cal.) (prosecuting a class action lawsuit against BMW on behalf of owners of the BMW i3 REx—a plug-in electric hybrid vehicle with a gas engine known as a Range Extender—wherein Plaintiffs have alleged that a defect in the Range Extender causes class vehicles to abruptly and dangerously decelerate during operation);
- Larsen v. Vizio, Inc., No. 8:14-cv-01865-CJC-JCG (C.D. Cal.) (consumer action brought on behalf of class of purchasers of certain Vizio LCD televisions with allegedly misrepresented performance specifications);
- Tioga de Facto Takings Cases (Pa. C.P Tioga County) (eminent domain action seeking to recover just compensation on behalf of a class of owners of oil, gas, and mineral rights in a gas storage field buffer zone who had those rights taken by a de facto taking by defendant-utility);
- Williams v. Butler & Hosch, P.A., No. 0:15-cv-61139-CMA (S.D. Fla.) (obtained class certification in this class action lawsuit on behalf of hundreds of former employees improperly terminated under the WARN Act).
Andy received his law degree from Villanova University School of Law in 2012. While in law school, Andy clerked for a small suburban Philadelphia law firm. Prior to law school, Andy attended Georgetown University and was a member of the baseball team. During his time in college, Andy also worked on Capitol Hill and for a well-known D.C. think tank. Andy is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia.