Andrew W. Ferich is an associate in the Firm’s Haverford office. Andy focuses his practice on complex litigation, including in the Firm’s consumer protection, ERISA/employee benefits, and whistleblower/qui tam practice groups. He has made significant contributions to expanding the firm’s ERISA practice.
Andy routinely briefs and litigates dispositive motions to dismiss, for class certification, and for summary judgment. He has also appeared and argued before state and federal courts of various jurisdictions, and possesses major jury trial experience. Andy is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia, and has been admitted to practice in multiple federal courts.
Andy has played a principal role in prosecuting the following matters, among others:
- Udeen, et al. v. Subaru of America, Inc., No. 1:18-cv-17334-RBK-JS (D.N.J.) (Andy is appointed co-lead class counsel by the Court; preliminary approval of a claims-made settlement valued at more than $6.25 million granted in this consumer class action on behalf of owners and lessees of Subaru vehicles alleging that Subaru’s Starlink infotainment system is defective);
- Perdue v. Hy-Vee, Inc., No. 1:19-cv-01330 (C.D. Ill.) (Andy is appointed interim co-lead counsel in this class action relating to a data breach that allegedly exposed millions of consumers’ payment card data to hackers);
- In re Subaru Battery Drain Products Liability Litigation, No. 1:20-cv-03095 (D.N.J.) (consumer class action brought on behalf of owners and lessees of certain Subaru vehicles that suffer from an alleged defect causing parasitic rapid battery drain; CSK&D has been appointed as chair of the plaintiffs’ executive committee);
- In re Nexus 6P Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 5:17-cv-02185-BLF (N.D. Cal.) (final approval of a $9.75 million settlement granted in this class action lawsuit which alleged that Google smartphones contained a defect that caused “bootlooping” and sudden battery drain; CSK&D served as co-lead class counsel);
- Weeks, et al. v. Google LLC, 5:18-cv-00801-NC (N.D. Cal.) (final approval of a $7.25 million settlement granted in this consumer class action alleging that Google sold first-generation Pixel smartphones with a known microphone defect; CSK&DS was appointed co-lead class counsel);
- In re: Elk Cross Timbers Decking Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, No. 2;15-cv-00018-JLL-JAD (D.N.J.) (final approval of settlement valued at approximately $20 million granted in this products liability MDL proceeding relating to allegedly defective wood-composite decking; CSK&DS was appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee);
- Gordon, et al. v. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., No. 1:17-cv-01415-CMA (D. Colo.) (final approval granted in class action relating to a data breach that allegedly exposed consumers’ payment card data to hackers; CSK&D served as co-lead class counsel);
- Bray, et al. v. GameStop Corp., 1:17-cv-01365 (D. Del.) (final approval of settlement granted in this class action relating to a data breach that exposed the personal and payment card information of consumers who made purchases through defendant’s website; CSK&D served as class counsel);
- In re Anadarko Basin Oil and Gas Lease Antitrust Litigation, No. 16-cv-209-HE (W.D. Okla.) (antitrust action under federal antitrust laws brought on behalf of a class of landowners who leased land to defendants for drilling for natural gas and received less in lease bonuses and royalties than they should have due to defendants’ anticompetitive lease bid-rigging scheme; parties have agreed to settlement and preliminary approval is pending);
- DeMarco, et al. v. AvalonBay Communities, Inc., et al., No. 2:15-cv-00628-JLL-JAD (D.N.J.) (settled class action lawsuit on behalf of hundreds of tenants and former tenants of AvalonBay community that was destroyed in a massive fire, in which case CSK&D has been appointed interim co-lead counsel);
- In re: MacBook Keyboard Litig., No: 5:18-cv-02813-EJD (N.D. Cal.) (motion to dismiss denied in this class action lawsuit alleging that Apple sold 2015 and later MacBook, 2016 and later MacBook Pro, and 2018 MacBook Air laptops with a known defect plaguing the butterfly keyboards, and allowing dust and other debris to disrupt keyboard use; CSK&DS is appointed interim co-lead counsel);
- Davis, et al. v. Washington University in St. Louis, et al., No. 4:17-cv-01641-RLW (E.D. Mo.) (ERISA class action alleging excessive fees and other breaches of fiduciary duties relating to university 403(b) retirement plan; CSK&D is appointed interim co-lead counsel); and
- Rollolazo et al. v. BMW of North America, LLC, et al, No. 8:16-cv-00966-TJH-SS (C.D. Cal.) (class action lawsuit against BMW on behalf of owners of the BMW i3 REx—a plug-in electric hybrid vehicle with a gas engine known as a Range Extender—wherein Plaintiffs have alleged that a defect in the Range Extender causes class vehicles to suddenly decelerate).
Andy is also involved in and has made significant contributions to the development of the firm’s whistleblower and qui tam practice area. He is involved in multiple cases on behalf of relators and whistleblowers seeking to recover on behalf of the United States government through a variety of channels.
Andy received his law degree from Villanova University School of Law in 2012. While in law school, he clerked for a well-known suburban Philadelphia law firm. Prior to joining the Firm, Andy was an associate at a well-known international litigation firm in Philadelphia where he focused his practice on commercial litigation, financial services litigation, and antitrust matters.
Prior to law school, Andy attended Georgetown University and was a member of the Division I baseball team. During his time in college, Andy also worked on Capitol Hill and for a well-known think tank.